Doors open at 6:50. Student's need to be in their seat and ready to begin school by the bell at 7:20 or they will be tardy. Student's must be checked in by an adult when arriving after 7:15.
When checking out a student, you MUST SHOW ID. Anyone checking out a student must be listed on that student's emergency check out list.
If your child has been absent, please send a parent/doctor note to school within five days of the absence, or email firstname.lastname@example.org *Excuses have to be in writing.* They will not be accepted over the phone or by word of mouth in person. *If a note is turned in after the 5th day, the absence will not be excused. Please click on the Attendance Policy located at the top of the page for more information about attendance.
Below is a video with important attendance information. It is very important that your child be in school. Each student only has 6 days of parent notes and 10 days of doctor notes. After the 10 days of doctor notes, there is additional paperwork that must be completed by your child's doctor.
ONLINE REGISTRATION (OLR) IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR! Visit: www.christian.kyschools.us/onlineregistration if you are new to the district, or for returning students, log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete your child's registration for the 2023-2024 school year.
After completing the online registration, you must provide three (3) proofs of residency to the school.
A NEW OLR AND PROOFS ARE REQUIRED EACH YEAR!
Proofs can be emailed to: email@example.com (make sure you have your child(ren)s name and grade listed in the email. We also have a drop box by the front door that you can leave a copy of your proofs.
ONE (1) OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE:
*A current rental or lease agreement (showing name and address)
*A copy of the deed on the property you own
*Homestead Exemption Card
*Home Purchase Contract in Christian County with specified closing date, with a copy of the deed to be provided within sixty days of closing date.
AND TWO (2) OF THE FOLLOWING:
*A current electric bill (must show name and address) *Cannot be a termination notice*
*A current water bill (must show name and address) *Cannot be a termination notice*
*A current cable bill, landline phone bill, or auto insurance (must show name and address) *Cannot be a termination notice*
*A current KY Drivers License
PARENTS WHO LIVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE MUST PROVIDE:
*A notarized letter from the person they are living with stating that the parent and child live there and notarized confirmation from the parent(s) that they, in fact, live with such person.
*Three (3) Proofs of address from the person who owns the residence to establish that they live in the school zone. Must be from the list above.
*Two (2) Proofs of address from the parent to verify that they live at the address.
Lunch with Students: Parents/Guardians may come eat lunch at school with your child
- Please call ahead so that we are expecting you and we are not overcrowded. There will be limited availability each day. We can NOT guarantee entry if you have not called before arriving. School number: 270-887-7290
- The person coming to eat lunch with the student must be someone on the student's emergency contact list or we have to have a note in writing from the parent giving us permission. We WILL ask for ID in order to sign in. So please make sure you have ID with you when you arrive at the front office. No ID, no entrance.
- Seating will be separate from all other students and only YOUR child may eat with you during their designated lunch time.
- Students eating with their parents must sit in the designated area and must follow the posted guidelines.
- Students eating with their parents must follow the regular lunch schedule. Students will not be allowed to eat early or extend their lunch period because a parent is eating with them. When the student's class lines up to leave, it is expected that the student joins the line and exits with his/her class.
- Parents are NOT allowed to follow their child to class after lunch.
- Due to privacy concerns, personally owned recording devices (cell phones, tablets) are not to be used to create video or audio recording or to take pictures except with prior permission from the Principal and the affected individual(s).
- Fast food is not to be brought into the cafeteria (Competitive Food Rule: 702:KAR6.090)
- Soft drinks are not allowed in the cafeteria.
- Food and drinks are not allowed to be taken out of the cafeteria.
Adult Lunch Cost = $4.60
*Access could change as the pandemic is monitored. We appreciate your understanding.